Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Banana Nut Bread

So, way back in August I decided I wanted to make some banana bread. As I recall, it was the very first thing I baked in my new place. I was thinking then that I wanted to start a baking blog (which I never really did), so I took some pictures.

banana bread ingredients

Ooh, ingredients. I can't find the recipe I think I used now, but this one from SASEIGEL on allrecipes looks about right.

The bread was pretty simple to make, since I had everything on hand. Never remembering to eat the bananas I buy turned out for the best. The trickiest bit was figuring out how to chop the pecans. I don't have a food processor, I didn't have a rolling pin at the time, and most of my stuff was in boxes. Luckily the constitution saved the day:
Smashing pecans

The finished product was so good. It reminded me of these mini banana nut loaves my mom used to buy when she was a lifeguard at the lake during the summer, as a snack for those of us who accompanied her. I think they were Little Debbie? Mine was better though.

finished banana bread

Unfortunately I haven't taken pictures of anything else I've baked this semester. I want to try to make a gingerbread house over the break though. If I do, I'll be sure to post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment